Saturday 5 April 2008

return to work of newly disabled employee

I mentioned how Veloce are dealing with me to a friend and she emailed me this

"you say they haven't tried to call you to discuss with you how you are doing and when you think you will be able to return to work - which I am sure most companies do - usually via personnel department. Everywhere I have worked have been more finger on the pulse in regards these things and handled sickness and longterm sickness with a much more professional and caring approach.

They should have emailed you and arranged a time to ring you and talk through the options with you, and your current status."

at least, I'd have thought. I gather from colleagues that enquries after my health are few and far between. I never received a card, just a legal request to allow them to approach my consultant.

No comments: