Tuesday 15 April 2008

Pay Per Post Scam?

Was my immediate thought when I saw their Google adwords ad. Then I figured, you don’t know til you try, and as I had nothing to lose I thought I’d give it a go…

Sign up was straightforward; you don’t have to give out too much info, nothing financial. The website is a little amateurish and unintuitional but serves it’s purpose perfectly well and seems very informative. Once signed in it’s time to look for opportunities, it’s all color coded so it’s easy.

I hadn’t expected such high value bids for posts but there’s all sorts, from $5 to $100+, though I suspect you need to have the maximum tack rating of 5 and some to be eligible. Tack rating is how PPP score your blog based on traffic, popularity, page rank etc.

I didn’t expect my little blog, cripplerant.blogspot.com to get such a good score but I hit three tacks straight off. I was slightly concerned also that the un-politically correctness of my blog name might be an issue, but no, and rightly so.

So, I took my fists opportunity, which was easy, I was amazed how quickly I hit the minimum word limit, I guess it’s because I’m writing about something that interests me, I hope PPP agree!

So now I just need to wait and see if I have my post accepted, and get paid, if so, and from the buzz I think I will, then is fantastic and I would recommend anyone with a blog should sign up
PPP , through me, please.

Watch this space as things unwind.


word of mouth ethics



No comments: