Sunday 1 June 2008

Back Home!

At last, I'm back home with all the benfits and challenges that entails. My mate Dave has lowered my bed and fitted handrails for the toilet and bath which is awesome. Got lots of unpacking and LOADS of sorting out to do, guess I've got the time and til they sort me some ramps I'm pretty much stuck here. (Rob managed to get the scooter down the steps and in, didn't fancy leaving it for long at the top of Chavelhay steps...)

I can't thank Sarah and the Greenhill crew enough for having me. Especially Swa for looking after me, it was a brilliant part of my recovery. Thank you all again.

So my first night in my own bed in more than five months, mental. Those stairs are a chore though, have to go up and down on my arse, they're a bit scarey. My legs still throbbing and knee very sore from the fall. Seeing the consulant tomorrow so will find out how I'm healing and if I've damaged the rebuild, ooeer, fingers crossed...

So yeah, good to be back, lots to do, hope tomorrow is good news watch this space...

No comments: