Saturday 24 May 2008

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD): Diagnosis and Identification

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD): Diagnosis and Identification

Just reading about this and I'm very familiar with these two "hypervigilance, and hyper startle response (jumpiness)"

I think it's understandable that I'm paranoid about my leg. Especially as I had a fall yesterday which could have lost me it. It looks like I've been lucky and not damaged any of the reconstruction or dislocated my knee (my leg was bending sideways...) They think I've badly strained my ligaments, it's incredibly painful. I know I'm a bit insensitive to pain relief but 60mg morphine and 120mg DHC is what it took to eventually stop it hurting...

Anyway, two good friends have now jokingly made to kick my crutches out from under me. I love them both and know they wouldn't do this intentionally but my hypervigalant subconcious doesn't. In both cases I have visciously lashed out, I can't help it.

Most people appreciate this and have made the obvious and correct choice of not even joking about it.

I don't like causing these dramas and it makes everyone feel bad. Amazingly the 2nd friend to try it did it again and escalated it, taking the edge of the weekend again somewhat.

Anyway, I'm sure most people wouldn't dream of it but please, don't even joke about it.

Rant over

No comments: