Tuesday 13 May 2008

Busy weekend

Well. That was hectic.

WAN way forward meeting, very productive. Then then Kinetica carnival workshops at college, excellent. Luckily just round the corner from me but still quite a hassle to get up, washed, do my exercises and get wheeled there for 10:30. Pretty tricky staying comfy for extended periods but worth the effort.

Physio today. Got some new exercises for muscles I didn't realise I had. He agreed that a fall could mean losing my leg and obviously minimising risk is a key factor for the coming year or two. On a normal crutch for my left arm now too, which is nice.

Round to mine after physio. I'll be living here full time again at the end of the month. Need to get my bed lowered and community physio are hopefully going to help out with some mods (ramp, rails, extra crutches etc.) Quite a lot to sort really. Definitely need a scooter too otherwise I'll only be able to get off Chapelhay independently on crutches, which somewhat limits my speed/range. Not sure where I'll park it though...

Darren picked me up after physio, glorious day again got me back to Chavelhay in time to meet Dean from Warm Front, who says I'm elegible for up to 2700GBP of new heating, which is nice...

So yeah. All go this cripple malarcky, best go have a look at my room...

No comments: