Wednesday 28 May 2008

Close call

So yeah, the fall was scary. My knee is incredibly painful if it goes even slightly out of the dead straight plane and my whole lower leg throbs and aches.

They couldn't see anything wrong in the xrays and I'd definitely know if I'd twisted the nail. Looks like badly pulled/torn knee ligaments on the left side of my knee. Ouch.

So back on the morphine, 80mg a day and still the pain breaks through. Think I'm a bit used to painkillers... I'd forgotten how bad the itching is from morphine, really itchy, all over, itchy...

Anyway, risked removing the brace yesterday and lloks OK, bit of selling on the knee maybe. I could bend my leg, and it bent straight, which was nice. Feels very weak but hopefully got away with it. Won't know 'til the next check up whether any of the rebuilding was damaged.

So now I'm even more cautious, which is scary

No comments: